A message from our Pre-Law advisors, Tanya Higuera and Miguel Moran-Lanier:
*** In response to the coronavirus outbreak, and consistent with the campus response, pre-law advisors will conduct all meetings by phone or Zoom.
Law is a complex, competitive field that remains a popular career option among students at UCSB. If you are attracted to the law profession, we welcome you to the challenge! UCSB’s Pre-Law Advising program is designed to help students like you in planning a path to law school.
If you are interested in pursuing law, we encourage you to do the following:
- To schedule a pre-law PHONE or ZOOM appointment during this summer, please e-mail Tanya Higuera or Miguel Moran-Lanier directly to request an appointment with either pre-law advisor. Scheduled appointments are for in-depth questions related to any part of your preparation for law school admissions and/or if you want to develop an individualized academic plan.
- For more urgent or brief questions, sign up for drop-in/phone-in meetings this summer between 9:30 to 11:30AM on Tuesdays through QLess and we will call you back during these times. Alumni or students away from the area can call the number above during business hours to schedule a phone appointment for a later time or call during the hours above for a phone-in meeting.
- Review the Official Guide to US Law Schools.
- Talk to people who have a connection to the legal profession. Be prepared to hear about the advantages as well as the disadvantages.
- Consider visiting Career Services office, which is another helpful resource for students exploring law. There, a career advisor with a focus on law can assist you in exploring the legal profession and assessing whether or not the field is fitting to your strengths and preferences.
- Finally, please take the time to explore our website. Whether you already have begun the law school application process or you are in the first stages of considering the law profession, I am confident that you will find some helpful information.
For quick questions by email or to set up an appointment, please send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We look forward to meeting with you, answering your questions, and providing guidance as you consider a career in law!
Tanya Higuera & Miguel Morán-Lanier
While not particularly complicated, the process of applying to law school can be very time-consuming. The following will help guide you through the process: Law Application Process